Sunday, December 27, 2009

Introducting....

What's in a name?
Is mine that important?
Is it worth remembering?
Or is it just another label to add,
To the ever growing list?
Fat, lazy, selfish,
Condescending tagging,
With undeserving lies,

I am who God made me,
So why should I listen to this?
Accept me for who I am,
As an artist, daughter, friend,
Niece, cousin,
A person with hopes and dreams,
Yet the lies of a jealous world,
Tell me that all I dream to be,
Is too far fetched,
Just a pipe dream,
An apparition,
Never meant to be,

My name,
You may not remember
It is my one and only label
Child of God
Now and forever



Now after all that I suppose that your going to think that I'm going to contradict myself, which I probably will from time to time. options change... anyway My name is Erin, I'm Australian and love anything to do with books (fiction mainly fantasy and sci-fi) to painting pictures, and sometimes they end up quite abstract... I'm an amateur, not necessarily a beginner since I've been drawing since i was ...well old enough to hold a pen, played piano since i was seven , poetry about 12.... I love music and will probably post stuff about my favorite musicians, sometime review Cds and whatnot's that i think are kinda cool :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Erinlouise, welcome to the world of blogging! looking forward to seeing your arty stuff a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you! PS Currently listening to Paulo Nutini Great to cook and paint to!)blogging and cooking my wife an anniversary meal!

    ReplyDelete